I'm sure a large percentage of our class is going to respond to the writings of Jesus. Growing up as a kid i attended church very little and was never baptised. I learned about god and jesus and learned to believe and love. My family not being strict on religion has kind of made me wonder and think on my own about it. Kind of like a Buddha you could say. I have always believed and always will. "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you...."(26). Something that may bring question to some people. Am I really suppose to love someone who rapes a family member, drinks and drives and kills a family member, forgiveness has been a mystery to me. I understand that violence and rage against another human being isn't right, but i do believe justice.
I love all these little short writings brief and to the point. Basically if you believe and go to god, and not lust in material things before him, you will enter the kingdom of God. We all must treat one another like we want to be treated. One line that i particularly like was, "Don't Judge, and you will not be judged; don't condeemn, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be fogiven; give, and it will be given to you: they will pour into your lap good measure..."(27). So true, basically like karma, if you do bad you will recieve bad. Forgiveness is basically inscripted all over this writing. We must be able to forgive like we are forgiven for our sins.
"The kingdom of God does not come if you watch for it. Nor will anyone be able to say, "It is here" or "It is There." For the Kingdon of God is within you"(28). One of my favorite quotes in the writing. Notice the similiarities to practically every religion we have learned about. That we have to believe that jesus and god almight is within all of us. We can't grasp it with our hands but got to have faith it's there.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like you, I was raised to think about religion on my own. I also have a hard time with forgiveness. I think that there are some offenses which are unforgivable.
Post a Comment